Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Who would steal a baby?


Did you see this story? I cannot imagine someone stealing one of my babies. It just seems crazy. According to this article on CNN, the instances are very rare--only 271 since 1983. How do these women steal a baby? From the hospital. They typically pose as nurses and take the baby right out the door. The case cited in this story is from the 1980s. I think it would be a lot harder to do today. I know at the local hospitals they have those tags on the babies that will sound an alarm if the child is taken out of the maternity ward. That's probably one of the reasons they have those tags.

According to the article, women who steal babies often do it to keep a man. For instance, they had a miscarriage and are scared their man will leave them when they fess up. I know I have read about cases where people have tried to cut a baby out of a pregnant woman. It is just awful thought-interesting article though.

It made me a little nervous that I let my babies stay in the nursery while I slept.

FROM CNN:

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Skin Dimensions SB products, exclusive to Soderstrom Skin Institute, are manufactured with Pharmaceutical-Grade ingredients. In addition to being "Feel Good Products," they contain unique and innovative ingredients in concentrations that can assist you in the achievement of your own personal skin care objectives. This product line contains higher percentages of Glycolic, Vitamin A, C, E, Co-Q10, green tea, than what you can purchase over the counter.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.