Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weight Gain During Pregnancy

Of course, I had to post this one. I had two people ask me today if I am having twins. I was like-No! I haven't even gained that much weight. If I were eating poorly, people would probably ask me if I am having triplets! Geesh! I need to post my 6 month picture. This picture is not me. I think this woman is 34 weeks.

I think my baby did grow a lot this month. The baby is only 1 1/2 pounds though. It's all the water and other stuff that makes your stomach look like a basketball this month. I think I started out at a normal weight. If I only gain 30 pounds I will be happy about that. We will see! My doc says I am doing just fine and haven't gained too much.


FROM CNN: Pregnant women often joke that they are "eating for two." But in reality it takes only a few hundred extra calories to nourish a growing baby. Gaining too much weight during pregnancy places women and their babies at risk for complications. So how much should you gain? According to the latest guidelines from the Institute of Medicine, it all depends on your weight before you become pregnant.


Weight gain during pregnancy varies considerably- some women gain just 15 pounds while others pack on more than 60. But what weight target is ideal? It depends on a woman's starting point, according to new guidelines released today by the Institute of Medicine.

Women who have a normal weight at conception should gain between 25 and 35 pounds throughout pregnancy, while underweight women are advised to gain a bit more - as much as 40 pounds.
But doctors are concerned that many women are now overweight or obese at the start of their pregnancies. Adding even more extra pounds raises the risk for pregnancy complications such as gestational diabetes, premature birth, and Caesarian delivery.

To reduce these risks, the Institute of Medicine recommends overweight women gain no more than 15 pounds during pregnancy.
For obese women, the weight guidelines are even stricter- just 11 to 20 pounds. Experts recommend doctors work closely with obese pregnant women to ensure they are eating health meals and not empty calories from soda and junk food.
-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Afraid to wear shorts? Do you have unwanted hair? Embarrassed by unsightly varicose or spider veins? NOW is the time to get your legs ready for summer! You don’t have to be afraid to wear shorts because of unwanted hair or unsightly varicose or spider veins. Call 674-SKIN to schedule your FREE leg vein or hair laser consultation at Soderstrom Skin Institute, and you’ll be ready to show off your beautiful legs this summer!

Soderstrom Skin Institute is positioned to be a comprehensive, full service, skin care facility. Visit www.soderstromskininstitute.com to learn what Soderstrom Skin Institute can do for you.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.