Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I.Q. linked to kid's diet


"I don't like it." "That's gross." We'll all heard it before. Kids can be picky eaters and sometimes you have to encourage them to try something several times before they will actually eat it. That's why I like this latest study that ties what kids eat to their I.Q. I get so sick of making food that my kids don't touch. Sometimes I just give in and let them eat chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese all week. It takes time and effort and money to make healthy, delicious meals. This research gives me a little more motivation not to give up on getting my kids to eat healthier.


FROM NBC: Researchers at Bristol University in the UK say a bad diet could be harmful to a child's I.Q. The study published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health suggested poor nutrition may affect brain development.
It suggests a link between a diet high in processed foods and a slightly lower I.Q.

Dr. Pauline Emmett/ Study Author : "If children are eating crisps and fizzy drinks and chips and that sort of food, and they're not eating so much of the fresh foods and fruit and vegetables and the fresh fruits and vegetables have lots more vitamins and minerals in them.

A brain needs vitamins and minerals to develop properly."
For the study, the eating habits of almost four-thousand children were recorded at the ages of three, four, seven and eight and a half. The children then all took I.Q. tests when they were eight and half.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Skin Dimensions SB products, exclusive to Soderstrom Skin Institute, are manufactured with Pharmaceutical-Grade ingredients. In addition to being "Feel Good Products," they contain unique and innovative ingredients in concentrations that can assist you in the achievement of your own personal skin care objectives. This product line contains higher percentages of Glycolic, Vitamin A, C, E, Co-Q10, green tea, than what you can purchase over the counter.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.