Monday, February 7, 2011

How the flu spreads in schools


Right now at my house we are dealing with an ear infection, stomach flu, sinus infection, strep throat and upper respiratory infection. I am the only healthy one. I can't wait to see what I get (sigh.) I went to my first grader's school today for lunch (he has been on antibiotics for three days) and I heard so much hacking and coughing it made me cringe. I am just going to count on everyone being sick until winter is over. I give up. Is your family struggling with illness this year? This article tells you how it's most likely to spread.

FROM NBC: We all know how fast the flu can spread among school age children. Now researchers say children are three times more likely to spread the virus to peers of the same gender.
The study of an H1N1 flu outbreak in a Pennsylvania community also found flu transmission rates were five times higher between classmates ... compared to those in a different class in the same grade. Kids from six to ten had the highest infection rate ... followed by children five and younger.

The CDC recommends three ways to prevent the flu
!. Get the flu vaccine
2. Take Everyday precautions to avoid it like washing your hands and not touching your nose, mouth or eyes
3. Taking anti-viral drugs at the first on-set of symptoms

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Skin Dimensions SB products, exclusive to Soderstrom Skin Institute, are manufactured with Pharmaceutical-Grade ingredients. In addition to being "Feel Good Products," they contain unique and innovative ingredients in concentrations that can assist you in the achievement of your own personal skin care objectives. This product line contains higher percentages of Glycolic, Vitamin A, C, E, Co-Q10, green tea, than what you can purchase over the counter.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.