Saturday, January 1, 2011

C-section Rate Goes Up


Many of you know, I reluctantly had a c-section with my last son because he was breech. I am disappointed the c-section rate keeps going up and I keep meeting people who opted to have a c-section even though they could have had a vaginal birth. It seems crazy to me, but I am starting to feel like I am the weird one!

FROM NBC: The number of women giving birth by c-section has gone up again -- for the twelfth year in a row. Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say the c-section rate rose to nearly a third of deliveries in 2008. That's a more than fifty percent increase since 1996. The study also found births to teens are down -- while births to women in their forties were the highest reported in several decades. In all more than four million babies were born -- and if the life expectancy rate holds true -- they should all be around until 2085!

MORE FROM CNN

-NewsAnchorMom Jen


Are you having an acne emergency? Soderstrom Skin Institute can help. We treat acne seriously and in most cases will see you within a week. Evening and Saturday appointments are available. Call 309-674-SKIN and make your appointment today.




0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.