Sunday, August 8, 2010

Great way to prevent anxiety/hostility in kids



I absolutely love this research! I love and truly look forward to giving my baby(and the two older kids) kisses and hugs. It is the best part of my day! I wish the baby would sleep through the night, but that is the only time he really cuddles and lets me give him tons of kisses. So I guess I will stay sleep deprived a little longer! According to this research, he will be a better kid because of it!
(This picture is from last week when the baby decided to join me in the shower. He thought it was tons of fun!)

FROM NBC: DUKE UNIVERSITY RESEARCHERS FOUND A MOTHER'S AFFECTION IN EARLY INFANCY HELPED HER CHILD COPE WITH STRESS AS AN ADULT. AFTER OBSERVING THE INTERACTION BETWEEN MOTHERS AND BABIES AT EIGHT MONTHS OLD -- THEY FOLLOWED UP WHEN THE CHILDREN WERE IN THEIR MID-30'S. CHILDREN WHOSE MOTHERS WHO WERE THE MOST AFFECTIONATE HAD THE LOWEST LEVELS OF ANXIETY, HOSTILITY AND GENERAL DISTRESS.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Are you having an acne emergency? Soderstrom Skin Institute can help. We treat acne seriously and in most cases will see you within a week. Evening and Saturday appointments are available. Call 309-674-SKIN and make your appointment today.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.