Thursday, July 30, 2009

Daycare Dilemma

I have often heard parents say they don't think their child's daycare provider "likes" their kid. They are constantly getting notes sent home about "johnny's behavior." And sometimes kids tell parents things that happen at daycare that don't exactly sound appropriate. What do you do then? It's not like you can just switch daycares at the drop of a hat. There are only so many reputable daycares in each city and they don't always have openings. A mom emailed me her story this week. She isn't sure what to do and she wants your opinion. Should she ignore the comment or make other parents aware of a potential problem or find a new daycare?

Hi! I am a single mother of 3 boys ages 2.5, 2.5, and 3.5. I work full time and go to school so I have trusted daycare with my boys for about the last 7 months. Until last week I had never had a problem.

Last Thursday night my son informed me that his teacher slaps him in his head!
I asked him why she does this and he said because he doesnt listen. I've address this with the daycare and they are refusing to do anything. Their only response is that it is a misinterpretation of a tap on the head. My sons behavior at home has changed drastically since he has been in this classroom with this particular teacher. Until he said that I just assumed it was him adjusting to his new class. Ive contacted DCFS and everyone.

Why is it that no one seems to find this as disturbing? Someone hurt my child and no one will do anything. How is that even possible? I just wanted to share this and make sure that other parents know not only that some daycares will chose their teachers over your child but also that the very system set up to protect our children has failed to protect mine. Thank you for your time in reading this.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Afraid to wear shorts? Do you have unwanted hair? Embarrassed by unsightly varicose or spider veins? You don't have to be afraid to wear shorts because you are embarrassed by unwanted hair or unsightly varicose veins. Call 674-Skin to schedule your FREE leg vein or hair removal consultation at Soderstrom Skin Institute.

Soderstrom Skin Institute is positioned to be a comprehensive, full service skin care facility. Visit www.soderstromskininstitute.com to learn what Soderstrom Skin Institute can do for you.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.