Wednesday, April 30, 2008

He is calling her his girlfriend...

If you see my son, don't tell him I told you because he will be thoroughly embarrassed, but I just had to write this down because it is so cute. My four-year-old has the biggest crush on the cute little red head who lives behind us. He was so excited because he had a date with Amber at 2:00p.m. He probably asked me a dozen times if it was 2 o'clock yet.

We just got Amber's birthday invitation and I was shocked to learn she is going to be 7! I knew she was older, but I didn't realize there was that big of an age difference. My 4-year-old has a crush on an older woman. I am in for some trouble when he hits high school!

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

3 comments:

Shannon said...

It happens FAST!

My 1st grader (son) plays every day he can with the 3rd grader (girl) down the street!

My 5-year old also recently announced to us that "Kaden" from her preschool class said he would marry her. She had the right idea too - she said she wanted to marry him because, "he is my best friend and he is nice to me, he is kind and intelligent."

Unfortunately, Kaden has apprently had a change of heart but Elisabeth doesn't seem too worried - she said she'll just have to find another nice boy to marry so daddy can walk her down the "island." LOL!

Anonymous said...

THAT is funny!!!

steven edward streight said...

It's okay. He probably didn't know her age either, and is merely using aesthetic evaluation: she's pretty.

At least she's not a lot younger.

I can recall some of my gradeschool romances. I had one girlfriend, Janet, from kindergarten to 5th grade.

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.