Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kids who don't eat


If your kids won't eat, they could be more likely to have heart problems later in life. You may remember from earlier posts that my kids are not great eaters. I feel like we are constantly trying to find something healthy they will eat. Sometimes I even buy things I know are unhealthy like pot pies and lunchables (loads of sodium and preservatives) in an effort to get them to eat something! I seriously think I need to come up with a way for parents to package their healthy food at home. If the food I try and get my kids to eat comes in a pre-packaged bag, they are so much more likely to eat it. I don't know what the appeal is to those little, colorful bags, but they love them!

FROM NBC: Not eating enough in childhood and young adulthood increases the risk of heart disease later in life. Researchers at the University of Amsterdam studied more than 78-hundred young women, up to age 21, who lived in the Netherlands during a period of severe food shortage.

They found that women who went hungry and lost weight during the famine and were between age ten and 17 had a 38 percent increased risk of heart disease when compared to women who did not starve.
The food shortage was from 1944 to 1945.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Skin Dimensions, SB products are manufactured with Pharmaceutical-Grade ingredients. Products are not just "Feel Good Products," as they contain unique and innovative ingredients in concentrations that can assist you in the achievement of your own personal skincare objectives. Our products contain higher percentages of Glycolic, Vitamin A, C, E, Co-Q10, green tea than what you can usually purchase over the counter.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.