Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Birth Control Complications after birth


I don't think I ever started birth control pills until 8 weeks after giving birth. I don't know if it had something to do with the risk of blood clots or not. If my OB told me why I had to wait eight weeks, it's all a blur to me. I thought you might want to know this in case you were thinking of start birth control pills right after birth because you have an old prescription.

FROM NBC: To avoid potentially deadly blood clots -- public health officials say women should wait at least 3 weeks after giving birth to go back on birth control pills. That recommendation is from the Centers for Disease Control -- where experts say the risk for blood clots is elevated for about 21 days after having a baby -- then usually decreases.

But women who had a c-section or have other risk factors -- like obesity or a history of blood clots -- may need to wait at least 6 weeks before returning to the pill. The estrogen and progestin in birth control pills are associated with a slightly increased risk for clots.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Skin Dimensions, SB products are manufactured with Pharmaceutical-Grade ingredients. Products are not just "Feel Good Products," as they contain unique and innovative ingredients in concentrations that can assist you in the achievement of your own personal skincare objectives. Our products contain higher percentages of Glycolic, Vitamin A, C, E, Co-Q10, green tea, than what you can usually purchase over the counter.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.