Thursday, March 24, 2011

Finding Underage Facebook Users


According to an article on Yahoo News, Facebook kicks off 20,000 underage users a day! As most of you know, it is up to the user to type in an accurate age when setting up an account. The age requirement on Facebook is 13-years-old or older.

FROM YAHOO NEWS: Facebook's Chief Privacy Adviser Mozelle Thompson told Australia's parliament this week:

He admitted that the site's way of weeding out those who don't meet the 13-and-up age requirement -- essentially a user-entry honor system -- is "not perfect," because there's no mechanism for detecting kids who simply enter a false age.


I am reading this article thinking, all you have to do is type in "FA" on my computer and my history would let my kids right on my Facebook account. I have got to chance it so you have to log in every time. I can't believe I am just now thinking of this. At this point, the kids don't really know about Facebook, but it won't be long! It is truly amazing that my four year old picked up my husband's itouch today and started playing a game I had never seen. He honestly knows how to use it better than I do.

Should Facebook start using some sort of method to weed out the underage users or should it solely be the parent's responsibility? I think Facebook should offer to keep kids 12 and younger off the site. The company obviously makes a ton of money and has plenty of experts to figure out a way to do it.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Skin Dimensions SB products, exclusive to Soderstrom Skin Institute, are manufactured with Pharmaceutical-Grade ingredients. In addition to being "Feel Good Products," they contain unique and innovative ingredients in concentrations that can assist you in the achievement of your own personal skin care objectives. This product line contains higher percentages of Glycolic, Vitamin A, C, E, Co-Q10, green tea, than what you can purchase over the counter.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.