Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Crib Tent


As if people didn't think I was overprotective enough, I now have a crib tent. You know, one of those nets that fits over the crib so the baby can't jump out. It seems so ridiculous, but I really think it is necessary in my case.

My 15 month old jumped out of his crib a few days ago. I didn't know what to do. I put him back in and said, "night, night" and pushed his little bottom down on the crib mattress. As soon as I turned around, he was jumping out again.

And when I say "jumping" I mean falling. He pulls that little baby leg up, scoops his body over the edge and falls to the ground. I tried standing at the side of the crib and rubbing his tummy until he went to sleep. He just stared at me like I was crazy. I rocked him to sleep in my arms and then laid him down. He popped right back up and lifted up his foot onto the crib rail immediately. Then I got some couch pillows and put them on the floor and laid down next to him with my eyes closed. He started poking me and laughing. Eventually, I grabbed everything out of his room that I thought might pose a danger and I shut the door and said, "night night." He finally fell asleep on the floor right next to the door. It was horrible.

That's when I realized I am going to have to put my kid in a crib tent. I can't do this again. My oldest jumped out of the crib at 15 months and I did not get a crib tent. He ended up landing on his shoulder at some point and broke his collar bone.

So I called Wal-mart, Babies R Us, Target, K-Mart, etc. I started to think, "No one carries them in my town in stock. Am I really going to have to order it on-line and wait desperately for the mail man for the next four days?" I was ready to get in the car and drive to Springfield when I thought of Baby Depot inside Burlington Coat Factory. I figured they wouldn't have it, but I should at least call. It was a Christmas miracle! Baby Depot carries crib tents in stock in Peoria, Illinois. I talked to the nicest lady who put it on hold for me and said she gets calls from desperate parents who need crib tents often. I was so relieved. The tent works great!

-NewsAnchorMom Jen


Skin Dimensions SB products, exclusive to Soderstrom Skin Institute, are manufactured with Pharmaceutical-Grade ingredients. In addition to being "Feel Good Products," they contain unique and innovative ingredients in concentrations that can assist you in the achievement of your own personal skin care objectives. This product line contains higher percentages of Glycolic, Vitamin A, C, E, Co-Q10, green tea, than what you can purchase over the counter.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.