Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dirty High Chairs


I admit I do typically wipe down the high chairs at restaurants. Some people call me a germ-a-phobe, but I just know there is no way they get cleaned on a regular basis. Would you make sure the high chairs are washed down if you were working a minimum wage job and trying to get home at night? I doubt I would every night. I should mention my high chair at home is probably way dirtier than any restaurant's. However, only his germs are on it. So I would hope that isn't as bad. Do you wipe down restaurant high chairs?

FROM NBC: Parents may want to think twice before putting their child in a restaurant high chair. A new study finds the amount of bacteria on restaurant high chairs is significantly higher than public toilets.


The research was conducted by experts at microban, a company that makes antibacterial products. After swabbing thirty high chairs researchers found the bacteria levels varied from restaurant to restaurant, but the bugs were bad -- e-coli and staph were just a few they found. They even found bacteria on chairs that looked clean.
Researchers say parents should take it upon themselves to clean high chairs before their kids use them -- so the only thing going in their mouth is their food!

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Are you having an acne emergency? Soderstrom Skin Institute can help. We treat acne seriously and in most cases will see you within a week. Evening and Saturday appointments are available. Call 309-674-SKIN and make your appointment today.



0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.