Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bad News for T.V. Junkies


I love my T.V. time. I am probably not as strict as I should be about how much television my kids watch. They haven't been very interested in T.V lately since the weather is warmer and we finally have neighbors next door! My oldest is more into Super Mario Brothers on the Wii than anything else.

I don't like that this study showed kids who watch more T.V. are more likely to be bullied. That freaks me out a little. The rest of the information seems logical to me. What do you think?

FROM NBC: Figuring out why a fourth grader is having trouble in school may stem back to how much time they spent in front of the T.V. as a toddler. A new study out of the University of Montreal finds toddlers who watch too much T.V. are more likely to have problems in school and with their health.

After studying the T.V. viewing habits, school evaluations and health history of nearly 13 hundred children -- the researchers found each additional hour in front of the tube equated to a nearly ten percent decrease in physical activity.

It also meant children performed worse on math tests, were more likely to be bullied and had a high B.M.I.

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends parents limit their children's T.V. viewing to fewer than two hours per day.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Have you considered breast enhancement? Soderstrom Skin Institute wants to help you make the right decision! Our knowledgable plastic surgery team will help you choose from a variety of implants and surgical techniques based on YOUR specific needs. Plus, take advantage of our limited time special pricing. Call (309) 690-6042 to schedule your FREE consultation today!

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.