Saturday, April 3, 2010

Women Work Hours

I completely think this is true. My husband used to work 60 hours a week, sometimes more. I totally thought about downsizing our minivan and our house ( not that they are extravagant by any means) and quitting my job. I didn't like that we weren't home with the kids every night. I still don't like that I am not home at night and I do have to work 10 hours more a week now (which stinks), but it does make me feel better that my hubby is at home with the kids at night instead of a babysitter. It's tough being a dual income family! Do you and your husband work? How is that working for you?

FROM NBC: A woman's career may be derailed if her husband works long hours. Cornell researchers looked at data on more than 26-thousand employees in dual-income households.


Overall -- women were more likely to quit their jobs when their husbands worked more than 60 hours a week. The likelihood of quitting was even greater among working mothers.

Researchers found that working women still carried much of the burden of household cleaning, cooking and caregiving duties... and didn't have as much time for paid work. Men's careers didn't seem impacted at all by the amount of time their wives spent at the office. they were no more likely to quit whether their wives worked 5 or 50 hours per week.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Have you considered breast enhancement? Soderstrom Skin Institute wants to help you make the right decision! Our knowledgable plastic surgery team will help you choose from a variety of implants and surgical techniques based on YOUR specific needs. Plus, take advantage of our limited time special pricing. Call (309) 690-6042 to schedule your FREE consultation today!

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.