Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Avoiding Cavities at Easter

During a recent trip to the dentist, I asked our pediatric dentist, "If we do get the kids some candy for Easter, what should we keep in mind?"

Dr. Christa Spates from Just Kidz Dentistry says to stick with chocolate. She says starbursts, skittles, and other chewy candy will stick in kids' teeth and cause cavities. And she says after kids eat the chocolate, have them chew sugar free gum with Xylitol. It's a natural sugar substitute that recent studies have shown to reduce plague and inhibit new cavities. I know Trident and Orbits makes gum with Xylitol. I am sure there are others.

Dr. Spates also says bubbles and other little toys are a good way to fill up an Easter basket.

I actually had my little Flip camera in my purse and I interviewed her while I was at the dentist this week. Of course, it doesn't look as good as a "news" camera, but it worked! I will run that story Thursday night in my NewsAnchorMom.com segment at 5:30p.m. and 10p.m.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Have you considered breast enhancement? Soderstrom Skin Institute wants to help you make the right decision! Our knowledgable plastic surgery team will help you choose from a variety of implants and surgical techniques based on YOUR specific needs. Plus, take advantage of our limited time special pricing. Call (309) 690-6042 to schedule your FREE consultation today!

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.