Monday, December 14, 2009

Teen Pot Smoking

It looks like more teenagers are smoking pot. The White House released a survey
of about 47,000 eighth, 10th and 12th graders that shows the debate over medical use of marijuana is making the drug's use safer in teens' minds.

Drug czar Gil Kerlikowske says fewer teens are viewing prescription drugs as dangerous and they said the same thing about Ecstasy. Kerlikowske says the survey did show teens are cutting down on smoking cigarettes, binge drinking and meth use. He says this should be a wake up call for parents.

I don't know if anyone had meth in my high school. If they did it was a big secret. I don't even think I heard of Ecstasy until college. It's scary to think we may have never even heard of the drug of choice when our kids are in high school. I hope I am not naive and I address this issue before it becomes a problem or a danger to my kids.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Not sure what to get your loved ones? Give a Skin Dimensions gift card! Surprise your loved ones with the choice of massages, facials, bareMinerals makeup, manicures, pedicures or let them choose products from a selection of over 25 national and international brands of skincare. Gift cards available in any denomination. Purchase at Skin Dimensions Day Spa, Skin Dimensions Boutique or online.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.