Monday, October 19, 2009

Nudity bad for kids?

My friend and I were talking the other day about when to stop letting our little boys see us naked. I try to avoid it with my oldest (6years.) If he happens to walk in while I am taking a shower, he usually asks me a question and walks back out. He doesn't seem to notice. If he does linger, I tell him I need privacy and he goes in the other room. I hate to lock the door, but I might have to resort to that. When did you stop letting your child see you naked? If your child is the same sex as you, do you still stop?

From MSNBC: MSNBC interviewed two psychologists to find out at what age you should stop letting your kids see you nude-especially kids of the opposite sex. The topic came about after Actress Hilary Swank said she sleeps in the nude and her boyfriend has a 6-year-old little boy. She says he doesn't even notice.

Dr. Laura Berman said, "It's something parents ask me all the time. Each family needs to decide an age that suits them." She says it is usually around 5-6-7 years old when a child starts to be uncomfortable with seeing their parents nude. She says the child may start giggling, acting uncomfortable and maybe even say "Ewe!" She says that's when it's time to make sure the child doesn't see you naked. She says if you let the behavior continue it could be setting a bad example about nudity.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Are you having an Acne Emergency? Call Soderstrom Skin Institute at 674 – SKIN… we treat acne seriously. With over 35 years of experience, Soderstrom Skin Institute will provide a personalized program to help you get your acne under control. Untreated acne can result in permanent scarring. Don’t suffer any longer! Evening and weekend appointment are available and in most cases you’ll be seen within one week.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.