Sunday, August 9, 2009

Water Aerobics for Labor

So my original pregnancy plan was to do Body Pump up until my due date. Then, the contractions started, so I switched to water aerobics. Then I had to stop exercising because my cervix started changing. In the back of my head I was planning on going back to water aerobics a couple weeks before I was due. That plan is squashed too because the baby is breech. Now I don't want to go into labor for fear the baby will come fast (like my other births)and it will be an emergency c-section.
If I could, I would love to take a class of "water aerobics for labor." I labored in the tub with my first and it was great! Has anyone tried water aerobics for labor or maybe even a water birth?

Many pregnant women are hoping to have natural childbirth -- without pain medication and without an epidural. Some women in Texas are doing water aerobics to prepare for labor. Instructor Andrea Mayard guides the expectant mothers through an hour of low impact moves, concentrating on the muscles that wrap around the stomach.. She says it's little like preparing for a marathon.


DESIREE TANGUAMA IS EXPECTING HER FIRST CHILD IN JANUARY AND WANTS A NATURAL CHILDBIRTH..ONE WITHOUT DRUGS..
"I know that I am exhausted when I get out of the water, but I feel fine the next day. I feel like I do get a workout, but while I'm doing it, it's not hard at all."

MISTY BROOM IS EXPECTING HER SECOND CHILD IN NOVEMBER.
SHE STOPPED EXERCISING DURING HER FIRST PREGNANCY AND NEEDED PAIN MEDICATION.. "And I immediately began experiencing back pain and all of the other pains that people associate with pregnancy and then giving birth. I was not able to to use the natural childbirth method." "It's like running a race, if you don't work out before the race, you can't run the race, if you do then you are more in control of your body and your muscle structure while you are pushing that baby out, so yes, it will be a little bit easier for them."

BAYLOR-DALLAS OB-GYN YOLANDA LAWSON SAYS 25 PERCENT OF HER PATIENTS CHOOSE NATURAL CHILDBIRTH AND WATER AEROBICS.
"Number one, it's buoyancy, it feels good to them, it's relaxing, it's a little bit of therapy for their joints, their muscles and it's believed to be the compression effects of the water."

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Afraid to wear shorts? Do you have unwanted hair? Embarrassed by unsightly varicose or spider veins? You don't have to be afraid to wear shorts because you are embarrassed by unwanted hair or unsightly varicose veins. Call 674-Skin to schedule your FREE leg vein or hair removal consultation at Soderstrom Skin Institute.

Soderstrom Skin Institute is positioned to be a comprehensive, full service skin care facility. Visit www.soderstromskininstitute.com to learn what Soderstrom Skin Institute can do for you.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.