Friday, August 21, 2009

9 Months

The new baby is almost here! I meant to post something last week, but was just too exhausted. I am now 37 weeks-full term! This has once again been a tense few weeks. The little guy is still breech. I saw a perinatologist this week to see if I am a candidate for a cephalic version-where the doctor turns the baby head down. I was thrilled at the option when I heard my amniotic fluid level was up to 11.4! It was down as low as 6 just a few weeks ago. That meant the baby didn't have any room to move. I guess I was just dehydrated.

So, I got my hopes up of having a natural delivery. However, the baby seems to be positioned between the placenta and the umbilical cord. He's in a really risky spot to try a version. That was disappointing. I am still doing my pelvic tilts at least twice a day and plan on doing some somersaults in the pool this weekend. That will be a sight to see! But the c-section has been scheduled for just two weeks from now!

I got this fabulous surprise at work yesterday. A viewer made the baby a gorgeous afghan! I tried to crochet one for my second child. It didn't work out so well. It's about the size of two sheets of paper and extremely uneven. So I know it's not easy and it is very time consuming! I am so grateful to Marie Johnson for the gift!

Oh and the craziest thing happened. I think the people I work with wonder if I am losing my mind. I have a pinched nerve and am now on crutches! It's ridiculous, but funny. I guess it's not that uncommon for the baby to sit on the sciatic nerve. Maybe that's it. I am not sure. I thought about going back to the chiropractor, but it seems like the more I mess with that spot, the more inflamed it gets. So, massage it probably a better option. My co-worker, Gina Morss, says massage worked great to relieve her nerve pain during pregnancy. I just have to get motivated to find a therapist and set up an appointment. My mind is spinning with all the things I would like to do before the baby is born! Priorities!

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Afraid to wear shorts? Do you have unwanted hair? Embarrassed by unsightly varicose or spider veins? You don't have to be afraid to wear shorts because you are embarrassed by unwanted hair or unsightly varicose veins. Call 674-Skin to schedule your FREE leg vein or hair removal consultation at Soderstrom Skin Institute.

Soderstrom Skin Institute is positioned to be a comprehensive, full service skin care facility. Visit www.soderstromskininstitute.com to learn what Soderstrom Skin Institute can do for you.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.