Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pre-term labor Memories

27 weeks, 7 days pregnant: This was a big day for me with my second son. Around 7:00p.m. I started having heavy contractions. By 9:00p.m. they were a minute a part and starting to hurt. I went to Proctor Hospital where they started an I.V. My husband was out of town. The magnesium wasn't stopping the contractions so I got transferred to OSF in case the baby came early. Yikes! It was scary! I think the ambulance ride made things worse. The contractions finally died down in the middle of the night. All I remember is the mag makes you cold and icky and I was absolutely freezing all night! My mother-in-law was in town and she slept-or tried to sleep-in a chair all night. I stayed on magnesium for two days. My cervix was shortened and funneling at just 28 weeks gestation.


I stayed in the hospital for two weeks, then went home on bed rest until 36 weeks. I saw a lot of T.V. and tried to crochet a blanket for the baby. It was not pretty, but it is still in his drawer! I didn't know if the baby was a boy or girl so I made the blanket pink and blue. Of course, little babies who have any pink near them look like a girl. So, I never even used it!

So I am drinking lots of water today! So far, so good!

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Join Skin Dimensions Day Spa this Saturday, June 27th from 7am to noon, for a FREE Glycolic Face Treatment. AND receive 10% off all prepaid glycolic series and on most skin care product lines. First come, first served, no appointment necessary. For a complete menu of services please visit www.soderstromskininstitute.com.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.