Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hereditary Trait Overload

Have you ever noticed your child doing something and you can see someone in your family doing the same thing?


"You totally got that from your dad!" I found myself saying those words today. My five-year-old has been making a Mother's Day gift at school all week. Everyday when I pick him up he says, "Do you want me to tell you what it is? Do you want to know? I think you want to know!" I keep saying, "No, I want to wait until Mother's Day. I can wait."

Well, he just couldn't stand it any longer. I was talking to him on the phone and out of nowhere he says, "Do you wanna know? I think I should tell you. I just can't handle it." I knew right away what he was talking about. Finally, I gave in and am looking forward to getting his hand print tomorrow after school. He says he tried to get the teacher to let him use a color, but everyone had to use black.

He is so much like his dad! Kevin has to get gifts the day before. Otherwise, he ends up giving them early. He just can't wait. I didn't realize that was a hereditary trait until this week. Too funny!

What traits have your kids picked up from family members?

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

The National Cancer Institute has discovered a disturbing trend linking women and melanoma: between 1973 and 2004, melanoma incidence among women aged 15 to 39 more than doubled, from 5.5 to 13.9 cases per 100,000. The Skin Cancer Foundation, in an international study has linked melanoma to tanning bed usage.

On average more than 1 million people tan in tanning salons every day in the United States. It is estimated, there will be 116,500 new cases of melanoma diagnosed in the United States this year in people of all ages; 8,420 of these cases will be fatal. Soderstrom Skin Institute will be hosting a Free Skin Cancer Screening from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, May 16, at 4909 N Glen Park Place Peoria. No appointment is necessary. If you can spot it…you can stop it!

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.