Monday, March 30, 2009

LeRoy Kids Found Dead

I was just talking a reporter covering this story last week. She was saying how it was so hard to interview the mom without crying. I told her I understood. I can't think about this story without tears welling up in my eyes and I didn't get to meet the mom in person. I cannot imagine losing my boys after being forced to give them to someone who I knew was not mentally well. What a horrible situation. I had really hoped the boys would be found in Texas or some other far away state. My condolences to the family.

From WEEK/HOI: A tragic end to an amber alert for two missing LeRoy boys.

The McLean County Sheriff's department reports two bodies matching the description of Jack and Duncan Connolly were discovered in the back seat area of a vehicle belong to their father Michael Connolly.

The vehicle was found in a secluded remote area of Putnam County Sunday around 5 p.m.

Officers also found a deceased man matching the description of Michael Connolly located about 60 feet west of the vehicle.

Autopsies are schedule for one this afternoon and police are expected to hold a press conference at four this afternoon at the McLean County Sheriff's Office.

The boys had been reported missing on March 8th after their father Michael Connolly failed to return them to their mother following visitation.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.