Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Holy Stinky Skunk


As you can imagine, yesterday was not the best day. I went in at 7:30am and started driving home around 9:45pm. I was trying to be optimistic so I was singing a fine little tune in my van and at the last second I see a little animal in the road. It was way too late to slow down, so I tightened my fists around the steering wheel until my knuckles turned white and braced my body. I was about to hit this poor little animal. Oh wait, what is that animal.
OH NO IT'S A SKUNK!
So I swerve a tiny bit and it goes through my front wheels. I breath a sigh of relief. About five seconds later I start smelling this unbelievably potent odor. I mean I was gagging and had to slow down and open my window in 10 degree weather. I pull up to the house and walk in the door. My husband about gags, "What is that smell?"
This skunk is still haunting me today. My son told me he would rather skate to school than get into the van. He rode the entire way with his little fingers pinching his nose.
I called detail shops and car washes. No one seems to know how to get rid of skunk odor. I put some useless air fresheners in the car and plan on a major car wash tomorrow.
Bottom Line: I showed up to my new job today wreaking of skunk. Unreal!
-NewsAnchorMom Jen

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.