Friday, February 20, 2009

The Sweetest Thing!

Sometimes your kids are so bad your face lights up like Christmas lights. Other times, they surprise you with the most unexpected, thoughtful gestures! My kiddos got up at 7:00a.m. today(which is brutal when you work second shift!) I was so tired when my oldest walked into the room that I didn't even get out of bed. He went and got his little brother and they both came trotting into the room. I turned on my T.V. and continued to stay underneath the covers, wishing I could just go back to sleep. I am sure you all have done that at one time or another!

My five-year-old says he's going downstairs to get something to eat. He comes back 15 minutes later with a piece of peanut butter toast and a glass of water with ice cubes in it. He walks over to the bed and says, "Here you go Mom, I thought you might be hungry!" It was the sweetest, most wonderful moment. The next time he gets in trouble I will think of this day and remember what a thoughtful little boy he can be. Isn't life great?

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.