Monday, December 1, 2008

Public Toilets Update

Remember a few weeks ago we talked about how you have to lift your child up to the sink to wash their hands when using public restrooms? I thought you might enjoy this follow up. A mom was actually so mad about this inconvenience she created a product she is now selling to make bathrooms more kid friendly. It seems there's a product for just about anything these days!

Hi Jen, I was doing research this morning and I found your website/blog about how most restrooms are not child friendly, especially when it comes to hand washing. I wanted to let you and all of the parents know that I have done something to fix this problem. 4 years ago I was at a book reading at Barnes and Noble with my 2 children, who were 2 and 3 years old at the time. When it was finished all of us moms took our children to the restroom and every one of us complained about having to lift up our children to reach the sink.

I came home and told my husband about my experience and decided to do something about it! My company Step ‘n Wash manufactures the first and only self-retracting step for public restrooms. Step ‘n Wash has been installed in almost 400 businesses across the USA and Canada including SeaWorld, Borders Books, Whole Foods plus many airports, zoos, aquariums and churches. http://www.stepnwash.com/ Thanks for your time!! Joi Joi Sumpton

What do you think?

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Methodist Medical Center's new online healthcare program, MyMethodist eHealth, is a proud sponsor of this blog post. MyMethodist eHealth is the secure link to your doctor's office that lets you request appointments, order prescription refills, update your personal health record, and more. Sign up for MyMethodist eHealth here.








2 comments:

Appymomma said...

I think every store, restraunt and gas station should have these!

Anonymous said...

This is a FANTASTIC invention! I wish more places had these. I carry hand sanitizer in my purse for the specific reason that I HATE to lift my growing toddler up to an adult size sink.

In addition to helping out those of us with toddlers, this would also be a WONDERFUL addition to public restrooms for those of short stature!

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.