Friday, November 28, 2008

Single Parents United

The holidays can be so stressful, can't they? I have some friends who are single parents and they have a whole different perspective about holiday stress. They are saying things like, "Do I get the kids for a few hours on Christmas or do I get them all day this year and not at all next year?" It can be overwhelming-especially for those who are recently divorced. I think this group might help!

My name is Norine George. I was born in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands and moved to Peoria, IL in March 1998. I am divorced with three kids; Eleni-14, James-12, and Nina-9, and they are my inspiration for starting this group.

I have two jobs to make ends meet while pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. Things get pretty interesting with my schedule and those of my kids who are all active in sports, but I manage. My goal for this group is to help others through the trials of single parenting by giving support and honest advice while receiving the same for myself.
United we stand, divided we fall. It takes a village to raise a child, but because we’re working together our children’s future will be bright.

Single Parents United is a support group formed by single parents to assist in the needs of single parents. We offer valuable information such as assistance available while giving advice and genuine support in a more personable forum setting. We will be discussing real issues & try to come up with solutions.

We want our fellow single parents to know you're not alone and there are others just like you that struggle with the task of being a single parent and all it entails.
We’re real people committed to empowering you while keeping you informed of opportunities that will help you to help yourself.


Single Parents United
Peoria Public Library-Lakeview Branch
1137 W. Lake Ave.
Peoria, IL. 61604
Phone: (309) 966-2940
singleparentsunited@hotmail.com

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Methodist Medical Center's new online healthcare program, MyMethodist eHealth, is a proud sponsor of this blog post. MyMethodist eHealth is the secure link to your doctor's office that lets you request appointments, order prescription refills, update your personal health record, and more. Sign up for MyMethodist eHealth here.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.