Monday, August 4, 2008

Hot Playground Equipment

I was at the pool with my mom this past weekend and there is a little playground area for kids next to the pool. When my son ran over there, my mom yelled, "Be careful. The slide might be hot!" She saw the same story I did on the news. A T.V. station in Texas tested how hot steel and plastic playground equipment can get. The equipment can reach up to 166 degrees when the temperature outside nears 100 degrees! Skin burns at just 124 degrees!

It felt like 109 degrees today in Peoria! I hope the playgrounds were empty! Doctors say it is possible for kids to suffer third degree burns from touching playground equipment on a day like today.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Methodist Medical Center's new online healthcare program, MyMethodist eHealth, is a proud sponsor of this blog post. MyMethodist eHealth is the secure link to your doctor's office that lets you request appointments, order prescription refills, update your personal health record, and more. Sign up for MyMethodist eHealth here.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.