Mega Brands says there have been reports of 44 magnets coming loose. The CPSC says the magnet toys were sold in stores between January of 2005 to December of 2007.(Which stores?Target, Toys R' Us, Wal-mart, K-mart)
Monday, March 17, 2008
Here's the latest magnet recall from CNN:
Toymaker Mega Brands is issuing a recall for some of its magnetic toys because of a choking hazard. Two-point-four million toys will be recalled.
The toys include MagnaMan, Magtastik and Magnetix Junior. A CPSC official tells parents what to do if they have purchased these toys. "This recall involves millions of toys with multiple tiny magnets. Parents should check homes for loose or missing magnets and return the toys to Mega Brands for a free replacement. The tiny magnets are smaller than a pea. If ingested serious intestinal injuries and possible death to children."
So what can happen if your child swallows one or more of these magnets? They can attach to each other and cause: intestinal perforation, infection or blockage. The damage done can lead to death.
For details, on the recall, or on how to return the toys and receive a free replacement, consumers can call 800-779-7122.
Am I just paranoid or are all of you banning little magnet toys from your house too?
I know we have ran stories about kids dying when they ingested strong magnets. The magnets messed up the child's intestines. Scary!