Friday, February 29th is the last day to buy tickets to the "Pucks and the Playhouse event" on March 9th at the Peoria Civic Center. The money raised will support the construction of the Peoria Playhouse, an interactive children's museum.
Tickets for $13 can be purchased through the Junior League of Peoria.
- Your ticket provides you:
- Access to the pre- and post-game festivities
- A reserved lower-bowl seat in the stands to see the Peoria Rivermen Hockey Team take on the Chicago Wolves at 3p.m.
- The opportunity to support and learn about the Peoria PlayHouse children's museum.
- A chance to skate with the players after the game.
Exhibits at the Children's Museum will highlight many important features of central Illinois, including the river, the vaudeville era, local farming, and, of course, big yellow earth-moving equipment. It will be a place for children and families to dream, explore, and learn through play. It will be the first and only of its kind in our community. The children’s museum will be made up of six exhibit galleries, the components of which are all tied to Illinois Learning Standards for Early Childhood Education. The Peoria Playhouse is scheduled to open in 2009.-NewsAnchorMom Jen