Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Movies for Kids

My husband and I took the kids to see the new Veggie Tales movie this past weekend. We try to do something as a family each weekend. Movies aren't the best option with an 11 month old, but my 4-year-old really wanted to go. We absolutely love Veggie Tales and have several of the movies. This new one, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" didn't have a clear cut theme besides fighting the bad guys. That didn't work so well for our family.

My son has night terrors. I saw him cover his eyes during certain parts of the movie and knew he would be waking up scared that evening. I was right. So, after the fact, I realize there is this great website where you can read exactly what kind of violence is in a movie. If I had done my homework, I would have known the cheese curls come to life in the movie and the rocks try to attack people. That would have helped me decide to skip this particular "G" rated movie.

Now you don't have to make the same mistake I did. The site is kids-in-mind.com . Here's their review of "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything." By the way, you can find reviews on the site about all movies, not just ones aimed at little kids.

And here's the TV Guide review of the movie. Personally, it was my least favorite of all the Veggie Tales movies, but maybe I'm being too hard on the cute little cucumber.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen
P.S. My son saw the Veggie Tales picture on my blog this morning and wants everyone to know he loved the movie despite the fact that it gave him nightmares. He says he loved it, loved it, loved it.

1 comments:

Billy Dennis said...

I sympathize with your son. I used to love "Dark Shadows," but Mom wouldn't let mer watch it because it gave me nightmares.

OK ... not QUITE the same thing,

Great job with the blog, too.

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.