Thursday, June 16, 2011

Preventing Still Births

I was told by my doctor to sleep on my left side. Sometimes that's easier said than done, but I pretty much stuck with that. I was on and off of bed rest with my last child, so I think I just did absolutely everything the doctor said because I was so worried. I don't know whether all pregnant women are told to sleep on the left side. Were you told this?

FROM NBC: A study suggests pregnant women who sleep on their backs or right sides late in pregnancy might increase the risk for stillbirth.

The research from New Zealand compared sleep positions of 155 women who had stillbirths and 310 who delivered healthy babies.
Sleeping on the back or right side doubled the risk for stillbirth -- but the overall incidence was quite low, just 4 in 1-thousand births. Doctors say lying on the left side may help blood flow freely to the baby. larger studies need to be done to confirm this.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Skin Dimensions, SB products are manufactured with Pharmaceutical-Grade ingredients. Products are not just "Feel Good Products," as they contain unique and innovative ingredients in concentrations that can assist you in the achievement of your own personal skincare objectives. Our products contain higher percentages of Glycolic, Vitamin A, C, E, Co-Q10, green tea, than what you can usually purchase over the counter.

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.