Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Older Mothers & Complications


I am feeling old already and I am only 34! I think there are certainly advantages to having babies older in life (like financially and mentally), but I don't think my body would be able to do it. I was watching a show on moms and belly fat and how you end up with extra skin after having a baby. That's just not fair. The host said if that belly roll won't go away, try spanks. Yuck. I think all those belly trimming garments are uncomfortable. I think I want mom jeans to come back.. you know.. the ones that actually cover and hide your stomach. I can totally see now why they used to be so popular when I was a kid! I kind of got off the subject. The point is, more women are having babies later in life and there are greater medical risks that come with it.

FROM NBC: New research shows older first time mothers have an increased risk of complications during pregnancy.
The Israeli study tracked data on mothers aged 45 to 65 years old who were expecting their first child.

Eight out of ten experienced health problems-like gestational diabetes and preeclampsia, which can be very dangerous. Researchers say there were risks for the babies as well. One third were born prematurely and two-thirds weighed less than five and a half pounds.
Nearly all of the babies were delivered by c-section.

There are very few first time births among moms over 45 in the U.S., but researchers say women considering waiting to become pregnant should be aware of these risks.

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Skin Dimensions SB products, exclusive to Soderstrom Skin Institute, are manufactured with Pharmaceutical-Grade ingredients. In addition to being "Feel Good Products," they contain unique and innovative ingredients in concentrations that can assist you in the achievement of your own personal skin care objectives. This product line contains higher percentages of Glycolic, Vitamin A, C, E, Co-Q10, green tea, than what you can purchase over the counter.


0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.