Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Student Stress

Does this mean the entitlement generation is finally over?

FROM NBC: A new study finds five times as many high school and college students are dealing with anxiety and other mental issues than those studied in the great depression era.

It's what school counselors on campuses nationwide have long suspected.
This, as students struggle with the stresses of school and every day life. The study was conducted by researchers at five universities. The study did not look at why students have more anxiety, but mental health professionals speculate it's the effects of a society increasingly focused on the external... from wealth to looks and status.

I think there is more anxiety in society in general. I don't really think I was more anxious in high school and college than I am now. For me, it's not about wealth, looks and status. It's about providing for my family and doing the best job I can. Sometimes it's just about getting through the day! My almost three-year-old just told me he wants to pee in his pants again. Of course, just when I thought he was about potty trained! There is problem a lot of anxiety at my house, but it sure is fun too! You never know what will happen next!

-NewsAnchorMom Jen

Not sure what to get your loved ones? Give a Skin Dimensions gift card! Surprise your loved ones with the choice of massages, facials, bareMinerals makeup, manicures, pedicures or let them choose products from a selection of over 25 national and international brands of skincare. Gift cards available in any denomination. Purchase at Skin Dimensions Day Spa, Skin Dimensions Boutique or online

0 comments:

 
Template by lollybloggerdesigns. Design by Taylor Johnston.